ATRRS CAC LOGIN REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE CAC ACCESS TO USEFUL INFORMATION REGARDING THE SERVICE. HERE IS THE INFORMATION ON WHAT IT IS AND HOW TO USE IT.
Being in the Army means that you will most likely have a CAC, this article will guide you on how to log into ATRRS with your assigned CAC. To do so, you need to follow this procedure accordingly. Before doing so, here is brief information on what is CAC and how to acquire one. After acquiring one, then you can try the ATRRS CAC log in.
What is CAC?
CAC is short for Common Access Card; it is a smart card that has the size of a credit card. This card is a standard identification for eligible contractor personnel, DoD (Department of Defense) civilian employees, active duty uninformed selected personnel, and Selected Reserve. The CAC can also be used as physical access to controlled spaces and buildings and access to DoD systems and computer networks.
How to Obtain CAC?
Obtaining CAC requires a long process, and you need to understand the necessary steps. If you are getting your first card, the four steps below must be followed:
1. Eligibility and Sponsorship
The applicants must be sponsored by a DoD employee or government official, or employee.
2. Registration and Enrollment
You must be registered to DEERS (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System) by your sponsor for issuing a card.
3. Background Investigation
Potential cardholders will receive a background check initiated by the sponsors. This particular process involves:
- FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) fingerprint check.
- NACI (National Agency Check with Written Inquiries) check.
4. Obtaining Your CAC
Once your DEERS (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System) is completed, you must visit RAPIDS (Real-Time Automated Personnel Identification System) site for the final processing and verification. You must bring the following items to the RAPIDS site:
- Two Forms of Original ID. Click here for a list of acceptable documents.
- A six to eight (6 – 8) digit number to set as a PIN (Personal Identification Number).
- If you use a government computer, your government unclassified email address. You may update your associated work email CAC via ID Card Office Online.
ATRRS Login with CAC
Once you receive tour CAC, you can do ATRRS CAC log in and select your course. Here are the steps:
- Get a CAC reader.
- Install the CAC reader driver on the computer.
- Install DoD (Department of Defense) certificates. You can get them here.
- Go to https://www.hrcapps.army.mil/portal/
- Click on “Use your CAC” at the “My Record Portal Login Box”.
- You will be redirected to EAMS – A login page.
- “Click on CAC/PKI login” and follow the instructions provided.
That concludes the guide on how to do ATRRS CAC log in. Do every step accordingly with detail to avoid any mistakes or troubles during the process. You can access the government website as long as you are in the US with DoD certificates installed on your browser’s device or by using a registered government computer.
ALSO READ:[show-list showpost=5 category=”army” sort=sort]