AKO ARMY LOGIN MEETS THE DOD SECURITY POLICY. IT CAN BE ACCESSED BY USING A PASSWORD OR A COMBINATION OF A COMMON ACCESS CARD (CAC) AND PIN.
Mandatory upon recruitment in the U.S. Army, pretty much everybody who is serving for the troops has an Army Knowledge Online (AKO) account. The Army members must pass the AKO army login phase to access the private and secured online information and coordination service.
In general, the authorized users can log in to us.army.mil by clicking the “AKO/DKO Login Page” and then entering AKO/DKO username and password. As of April 2015, the U.S. ARMY requires all its members to access AKO with a military CAC card and PIN or a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) approved by the DoD.
AKO Army Login Username
You create your AKO/DKO (Defense Knowledge Online) username during the AKO army account registration. The username format is your first name and last name separated by a period.
AKO Army Login Password
Upon AKO account registration, you also need a strong password that follows the DoD strict requirement. Your password needs to have at least two (2) uppercase letters, two (2) lowercase letters, two (2) numbers, and two (2) special characters.
Common Access Card (CAC)
For this AKO army login, ensure that you have registered your AKO/DKO account with CAC. The question is, how or where you can get a CAC certificate? For this purpose, you can call the Department of Defense’s DEERS/RAPIDS (Real-Time Automated Personnel Identification System/Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System) nearest office.
If you still haven’t registered your CAC to your AKO/DKO army account, complete the manual guideline as follow:
- Go to the Portal of https://www.us.army.mil/.
- Enter Your AKO/DKO Username and Password to Log in.
- Click on the My Account Menu.
- Click CAC/Certificate Registration.
- Click on the Register Button.
- Enter Your Password.
- Print the Confirmation Screen.
Or else, you can achieve automatic CAC registration by plugging your CAC into the CAC reader during the login process. What you need are:
- A CAC-enabled computer with a smart ActivClient* card reader
- An AKO/DKO account
- Access credentials: PIN, username, and password
AKO Army Login with Common Access Card (CAC)
The following are the guidelines for logging in to your AKO/DKO account with CAC:
- Go to AKO official web: us.army.mil.
- Click on the ‘I Accept’ button.
- Click on the ‘CAC/PIV Login’ button.
- Click on the OK button.
- Enter your CAC’s Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- System ID certificate validation.
- Log in to the AKO/DKO portal.
If you need further information about registering your CAC with your AKO army login account, your CAC availability, and more, please refer to CAC Resource Center, or click here.
ALSO READ:[show-list showpost=5 category=”army” sort=sort]